eTEFL Online is not just another online TEFL course provider. Our packages include an accredited TEFL course AND everything you’ll need to start teaching English online. Our aim is to help new teachers get started quickly, earning the highest possible hourly wage. I get messages from people every day who are TEFL qualified but have been looking for work for up to a year without success!
After you have completed your online TEFL course with eTEFLOnline, we help you every step of the way to make sure you get hired quickly. We have a 100% success rate finding our clients work. They are usually hired within 15-30 days of completing their online TEFL course, so you are in good hands. All you need is to be a native or fluent speaker of English, have the right attitude and we’ll help you with the rest.
We’ve gathered together everything you’ll need into one place including TEFL teacher training, professional CV services, job assistance, teaching resources and support. This is to ensure that you have the very best chance of getting teaching work online quickly and earning the highest possible income.
*This is the fifth and final blog in a series of five, to read the previous blog click here.
eTEFL Online has 3 packages to help you start teaching English online:
- Standard Online – $297 Includes the TEFL course – plus another free course, and a DIY Job Kit
- Professional Online – $397 Includes everything in the Standard Package plus professional CV revision and job services
- Complete Online – $497 Includes everything in the Professional Package plus a professionally written CV service, a personalised 2-minute script for your introduction video, Interview practice over Skype and 1-on-1 job support with one of our consultants
I can not stress enough how important a good CV/Resumé is. CVs for the ESL industry are different from most industries. Recruiters are looking for a particular set of skills, qualifications and specific relevant information. Many recruiters will view 100 CVs/Resumés a day so yours needs to stand out.
In the Professional Online Course, we review your current CV and adjust it to suit what online employers are looking for. Whereas with the Complete Online, we have one of our partners interview you and build the CV from the ground up to highlight the skills you do have that would allow you to work online.
They’ll also do Interview practice with you over Skype and give you a professional feedback report. They’ll also create a personalised 2-minute script for your introduction video. Many people don’t realise that you must submit a short introduction video when applying for online teaching jobs so having a personalised script is a huge advantage over other candidates.
Once you have completed the online TEFL course, we can begin job hunting, prepare the CV (if you have chosen the corresponding package) etc and help get you your first teaching job online. So far we have a 100% success rate at getting our clients jobs so you are in good hands. You can earn between US$15-20 per hour to begin with and once you have gained some online teaching experience, you will be able to earn even more.
Here’s how our step-by-step process works at eTEFL Online:
Step 1: Online TEFL course and certification
The online TEFL course is included in all packages and consists of 120 hours of coursework which can be completed in around 4 weeks. It’s taken 100% online and you can work at your pace so you can complete it sooner than that or take longer if you wish as long as you complete it within 6 months. There are 11 core modules including teaching grammar, teaching a new language and teaching young learners as well as 1 bonus module on teaching Business English. We’ll also assign a personal tutor to help you through the course, and provide feedback.
Step 2: Teacher CV/Resumé
- Standard Online – DIY Job Pack including CV template and online teaching job application links.
- Professional Online – Review your current CV and adjust it to suit what recruiters are looking for
- Complete Online – One of our partners interviews you and build the CV from the ground up
Step 3: ESL Coaching
- Standard Online – N/A
- Professional Online – We’ll provide a short video course “How to Get Hired as an Online English Teacher
- Complete Online – Interview practice over Skype and a professional feedback report. As well as create a personalised 2-minute script for your introduction video.
Step 4: Job Assistance from eTEFL Online
Our online teacher training bundles include tools and resources, as well as support services to help you get your first online teaching job.
- Standard Online – N/A
- Professional Online – We connect you with our recruitment partners and provide you with a database of over 100 online schools hiring right now. We’ll guide you through the process so you don’t waste valuable time that could be used earning an income.
- Complete Online – Armed with your new CV, Cover letter and introductory video, we connect you with our recruitment partners. You will also have your own personal job consultant for as long as you need.
Step 5: Your First Online Teaching Job!
Now that we’ve got you right up to the interview process, it’s time for you to take over. And once hired, your employer will take care of any further training and teacher development. However, if you still have any questions about just send us a quick email and we’ll be happy to help.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions about how to start teaching English online, our online teacher training or finding an online teaching job.
[please note the information in this post is correct at the time of writing. We do however update our course details and services from time-to-time, so please contact us at eTEFL Online for the most recent information]
Thank you for joining me on this blog series – I hope you have found it useful.