The 20-hour practicum component provides EFL teachers with a highly-scaffolded practical learning experience.
During the practicum, you will:
- observe six EFL teachers in both classroom and online settings using a specially-designed observation form;
- reflect on these observations, emphasizing the skills/tools/characteristics you’d like to develop in your own teaching practice;
- personally meet with your practicum coach to plan your first online lesson;
- teach a total of ten 30-minute lessons to a mix of ages and levels;
- reflect on each teaching experience, allowing for continuous improvement;
- receive professional feedback from your practicum coach, who will view and comment on one of your lessons;
- develop a personal learning program going forward
The practicum component is your entry point into the exciting TEFL profession and will provide you with the confidence and experience you need to expertly begin your TEFL career.
We have also included Just ESL Tutors’ ESL Resume Course Mini-Course worth $49, for FREE. Learn how to create your resume so you stand out from the other applicants. Includes 3 resume styles and 5+ resume examples, plus all their secret power words and keywords that they use to help their clients find success. This course is not only useful in creating your own professional ESL Resume, but you can use the skills you’ve learned to do the same for other aspiring online teachers and generate a secondary source of income online.
Learn more about Just ESL Tutors’ ESL Resume Mini-Course by clicking HERE.
This practicum can also be combined with our 120-hour Standard Online TEFL course to create our 140-hour Advanced Online TEFL course. You will then receive both the practical and theoretical training to help make you an effective online English teacher and you save up to 15% off the retail prices if you were to purchase them separately.
Learn more about our 140-hour Advanced Online TEFL course by clicking HERE.