The 20-hour practicum component provides EFL teachers with a highly scaffolded practical learning experience.
During the practicum, you will:
- observe six EFL teachers in both classroom and online settings using a specially-designed observation form;
- reflect on these observations, emphasizing the skills/tools/characteristics you’d like to develop in your own teaching practice;
- personally meet with your practicum coach to plan your first online lesson;
- teach a total of ten 30-minute lessons to a mix of ages and levels;
- reflect on each teaching experience, allowing for continuous improvement;
- receive professional feedback from your practicum coach, who will view and comment on one of your lessons;
- develop a personal learning program going forward
The practicum component is your entry point into the exciting TEFL profession and will provide you with the confidence and experience you need to expertly begin your TEFL career.
This practicum can also be combined with our 120-hour Standard Online TEFL course to create our 140-hour Advanced Online TEFL course. You will then receive both the practical and theoretical training to help make you an effective online English teacher.