The 30-hour practicum component provides EFL teachers with a highly scaffolded practical learning experience.
During the practicum, you will:
- observe EFL teachers in both classroom and online settings using a specially-designed observation form;
- reflect on these observations, emphasizing the skills/tools/characteristics you’d like to develop in your own teaching practice;
- join 1 of 2 monthly training webinars to prepare for your practice classes
- teach a total of 8 x 1-hour lessons to a mix of ages and levels;
- reflect on each teaching experience, allowing for continuous improvement;
- receive professional feedback from your teacher trainer, who will observe all of your lessons;
- develop a personal learning program going forward
The practicum component is your entry point into the exciting TEFL profession and will provide you with the confidence and experience you need to expertly begin your TEFL career.
This practicum can also be combined with our 120-hour Standard Online TEFL course to create our 150-hour Advanced Online Teacher Training Program. You will then receive both the practical and theoretical training to help make you an effective online English teacher.