140-Hour Advanced Online TEFL
with Online Teaching Practicum
Our 140-Hour Advanced Online TEFL course is designed to give you both the certification to teach English online but also the experience teaching real ESL (English as a Second Language) students. With this option, you will complete 120 hours of teaching theory and a 20-hour online teaching practicum.
The 20-hour practicum component provides EFL teachers with a highly-scaffolded practical learning experience. During the practicum, you will:
- observe six EFL teachers in both classroom and online settings using a specially-designed observation form
- reflect on these observations, emphasizing the skills/tools/characteristics you’d like to develop in your own teaching practice
- personally meet with your practicum coach to plan your first online lesson
- teach a total of ten 30-minute lessons to a mix of ages and levels
- reflect on each teaching experience, allowing for continuous improvement
- receive professional feedback from your practicum coach, who will view and comment on one of your lessons
- develop a personal learning program going forward
The practicum component is your entry point into the exciting TEFL profession and will provide you with the confidence and experience you need to confidently begin your TEFL career.
You will also have access to our teacher’s resource centre which includes a free job application kit, free lesson plans, CV/Resume template + tips, job application links for degree holders, and those with no degree, and freelancer application links.
- 140-hour Advanced Online TEFL Course with 20-hour Practicum
- TEFL/TESOL certification
- Teach English Online Module
- Teach Young Learners Module
- Teach Business English Module
- Tutor Support
- Practicum Coach
- 6 Months Online Course Access
- Access to our teacher’s resource centre
We have partnered with iTutorGroup to offer you a guaranteed first interview with them to become one of their online English teachers!
You’ll be assigned a personal consultant who will prepare you for the interview and support you throughout the process. You’ll also get access to a private Facebook group with resources, videos and weekly training as well.
The hiring process is online with a 15-minute interview with your consultant, onboarding and then start.
To be eligible to work for iTutorGroup, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Have completed the TEFL course
- Able to commit to 5 peak hours per week
- Access to a computer with a reliable internet
GET STARTED TUTORING
Get TEFL certified in a few weeks and start tutoring English online from the comfort of your own home or from your laptop while traveling the world.